Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cultures (Square One Location)

Today will be one of the many "fast food" reviews to come because I am highly unmotivated to cook my own meals, haha. For approximately a year now, I have been trying to make healthier choices to get that ideal toned tummy! If you're like myself and trying to eat a little cleaner Culture's is the perfect place for you. They offer whole foods and super clean meals and snacks such as: mixed greens topped with smoked salmon and the dressing of your choice, frozen yogurt served with fruit or even a brown rice dish with sweet potato, avocado, corn, chicken with a side of chipotle sauce... all so deliciously clean! Today, I decided to get the three salad deal for $8. They had about seven salads to choose from which made it kind of hard to choose since they were all so appealing but I ended up with the fruit, greek and three cheese broccoli. Of course, I couldn't resist but to get a mango pineapple smoothie made with real mangos and pineapple and frozen yogurt which came to about $5. Although the norm for a "fast food" restaurant (quoatations since "fast food" reminds me of your typical McDonald's menu) is mediocre service - based on personal experiences- , the staff was so incredibly kind. Since I have a avocado fetish I asked for a scoop of it expecting some sort of fee; however, the cashier said it would be free of charge. Furthermore, another lady whom I believe is the person in charge or even the owner provided excellent customer service and advised the cashier to scoop the salads generously. I love this chain and wished there were more locations seeing as I have only seen three - Mapleview, Burlington*, and Square One. If interested, I would suggest the Southwest bowl that I described above or the Smoked Salmon Bagel... so good. Again, thanks for visiting!


$8 $5

* The mango pineapple smoothie I had ordered was generously made with real mangos and pineapples at the Square One location so when I was shopping at Mapleview, I had to order one. However, the smoothie that I purchased at the Mapleview Mall location was nothing compared to the first smoothie - the lady handed me a white cup of smoothie. Within the first sip I could already tell that the smoothie lacked a significant amount of fruits... instead, the whole smoothie was practically made of yogurt. When I informed the ladies that the smoothie only seemed to consist of yogurt, they spoke amongst themselves and settled the issue with a mere "we always make it like this" while showing me fruits. I would definitely not order a smoothie at the Mapleview location again.

Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon Cultures on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment